What does a straight smile mean to you? If you're like most teens and adults, it means confidence and good oral health. At Herndon Dental Arts in Herndon, VA, your dentist, Dr. Taraneh Zand, delivers great smiles through Invisalign clear aligners. Thin, removable and unnoticeable, these ingenious appliances conquer all kinds of smile alignment issues discreetly.
A record of success
Invisalign clear aligners have changed crooked teeth into healthy, beautiful smiles for more than 20 years. Made of SmartTrack acrylic, the aligners are crystal clear and so thin than no one will notice you wear them.
Fashioned in customized pairs numbering 18 to 30 in all, the aligners fit tightly over top and bottom teeth. However, they are removable to brush, floss and eat. Some people remove them for special occasions such as weddings and job interviews.
Step by step, the aligners move teeth into healthier, more attractive positions in the mouth. In an average of one year, patients have the smiles they have always wanted. While metal braces play an important role in orthodontic care, they typically take longer to re-align smiles (up to three years, says Healthline).
Advantages of Invisalign
Besides their discreet appearance, Invisalign aligners are:
- Versatile, correcting a wide range of orthodontic problems such as tooth tipping and rotation, overjet, gaps, crowding, overbite, crossbite, openbite and underbite, among others
- Smooth and non-irritating to soft oral tissues, such as the inside of the lips and gums
- Easy to clean with mild soap and clear water
- Successful when patients adhere to their treatment sequences (Aligners must be worn 20 to 22 hours daily, with pairs being changed out every two weeks.)
- Requiring only brief progress checks every month with your dentist in her Herndon, VA, office
- Very precise as they are designed from biocompatible acrylic according to specialized three-dimensional scans of your mouth
- Truly comfortable and highly effective
- Appropriate for teens whose jaws have stopped developing and for adults of all ages who have healthy teeth and gum tissue
Find out more
Only you and your dentist can determine if Invisalign is your best orthodontic option. Please call Herdon Dental Arts in Herndon, VA, for a consultation appointment with Dr. Taraneh Zand. She'll explain the process and tell you if Invisalign is the way to go. Phone us at (703) 953-3307.